jazzahead! digital 29 April - 2 May 2021
Trade – Showcase – Festival: The largest international trade fair for jazz
From April 29 to May 2, the jazz world will come together digitally to network, exchange ideas, attend conferences and panels, and experience 32 showcase bands in the official program during four days at jazzahead! and its global and professional digital platform. Exciting content relevant for the jazz scene are part of the program as well as one-on-one discussions and meetings in larger groups.
The implementation is to be carried out via a professional platform that makes it possible for exhibitors and professional participants to take part. We will offer a variety of networking opportunities, from one-on-one meetings to larger groups and even for chance encounters. Panels and workshops will also be realized digitally, with exciting content that is of relevance and importance to the international scene. The jazzahead! digital aims to provide the best possible professional conditions for exchange within the international scene and the participants, despite the pandemic, in keeping with the motto "close together from afar"
jazzahead ! is the annual industry gathering of the international jazz scene in Bremen, Germany. In 2019, 3,408 participants from 64 countries were registered.
jazzahead! connects the international scene since 2006. The participants of jazzahead! come from all areas of the scene such as: artists and promoters, bookers, labels, agencies, publishers, festival and club programmers, distributors, lobby institutions, associations, press and more.
jazzahead! is a trade fair, conference and showcase festival - with contemporary, high-profile jazz from Germany and Europe and from overseas.
Functionalities of the jazzahead! digital 2021 online platform for all exhibitors and professional participants
- Matchmaking & Networking
• Live streaming of the jazzahead! showcase concerts and - in consideration of the time zone differences – on-demand videos of the performances on the next day on the platform
- Conference Program
• both general event agenda and personal agenda for each participant
• In the panels continuous interaction between the participants and speakers via chat, surveys and Q&As is possible
• Virtual 1:1 or group meetings, either by making appointments/contact beforehand or instant video calls
• Networking of participants before, during and after the digital event (opening and closing dates tba)
• Contact and documents/file exchange among each other via chat, scheduled video calls or direct video calls is possible
• 1:1 speed dating with automatic random assignment of another participant for a 1:1 video call, based on the matching criteria
• Panel and professional program will consist of closed and open sessions in jazzahead! official program and exhibitor’s events
Register now for jazzahead!
Via the links you can choose your participation for jazzahead! digital 2021.
Depending on the type of registration the selected link will lead you to the appropriate form. Further information regarding participating options, terms and conditions and more is available here
As a participant of jazzahead! digital 2021 you will receive the following benefits:
- Access to the digital trade fair, including all showcase concerts and events of the conference program as well as networking tools
- Access to monthly Virtual Sessions via Zoom, with changing experts and exciting topics
- Entry in the attendee directory with all important personal data as well as login to the jazzahead! participant portal
- Access to the first special edition of a digital matchmaking session from March 10 to 12 on the topic of "Overseas Relations", organized by jazzahead! in cooperation with the Enterprise Europe Network
- Depending on the booked package further services of your chosen registration option
The registration option as exhibitor has closed on 1 April.
As a professional participant you attend the jazzahead! digital 2021 with your own profile on the online platform for the complete period of the event. Find more info in our price list.
If you want register as a media representative, please mind our guidelines .
Options & Prices
To participate in jazzahead! digital choose one of the following options:
- Your own Participant profile on the platform including picture, contact data (company, position, etc.), chat feature, video call function and matching criteria
- To video call another participant you have to make a one-time appointment/contact request via chat first (chat request can be accepted, blocked or denied)
- Access to the jazzahead! digital 2021 online platform with its conference program and showcases, matchmaking and networking tools
Please note: former co-exhibitors should register as professional participants. The possibility of integration with an exhibitor/company profile is currently under review
- Company profile including short description, logos, teaser pictures and integration of contact persons/staff members/li>
- Integration of media gallery with pictures and videos as well as file gallery for all common file formats/li>
- Videos are displayed as embedded view in company profiles and can be played directly/li>
- Participant profile for one company representative is included in the Exhibitor package fee. The profile includes picture, contact data (company, position, etc.), chat function, video call function and matching criteria/li>
- exhibitors and their staff members each have to create their own participant profile (like professional participants) which will be linked to the company profile/li>
- in the company profile, they can be contacted directly via the company profile - without making an appointment or chat request first (e.g. via chat, direct call or instant video) /li>
- Access to the jazzahead! digital 2021 online platform with its conference program and showcases, matchmaking and networking tools
Please note: former co-exhibitors should register as professional participants. The possibility of integration with an exhibitor/company profile is given
- in addition to all services of the Exhibitor Package you can host your own session (panel/presentation) in the program which can be linked to your company profile and accessed there directly
- Please note: The length of the session and the time slot has to be decided in agreement with jazzahead!. It is preferred to have your own Zoom account to host the session which will be integrated in the conference program
* Limited due to program capacities. Plese contact us for booking info on this limited offer.
Media representatives can sign up for press accreditation. More information and our accreditation guidelines can be found here.
Registration for jazzahead! digital 2021 is now open!
jazzahead! digital uses a professional online platform that is accessible 24/7 during the days of the fair and afterwards for all registrants.
The program will take place live from 10am CET each day (conferences, hang-outs, etc.). From the afternoon (CET) the showcase concerts will take place until the evening. The respective videos of the program points will be recorded and will be available later on demand: 3h later you can relive the panel and showcase concerts.
Video calls are possible on the platform at any time from April 29 to May 2, after that timely limited. All other functions of the platform (login, chat, program on demand) are also possible after May 2 without restrictions.
Matchmaking Session leading up to jazzahead! digital 2021
Special Edition “Overseas Relations” – Part one
Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) in cooperation with jazzahead! is organizing matchmaking sessions to facilitate networking and to bring together interested potential business partners from the global jazz scene: producers, concert and festival organizers, bookers, artists management agencies, media representatives and musicians.
Leading up to jazzahead! 2021, which will be a digital edition due to the pandemic, a very special Matchmaking Session will be taking place from 10 - 12 March 2021 with several time slots with regard to the different time zones.
Six weeks prior to jazzahead! all 2021 registrees will have the possibility to sign up for this special edition of Matchmaking, it is included in the registration fee.
After the registration for this matchmaking event, the EEN Matchmaking Service will facilitate you in meeting the most promising business partners in pre-scheduled meetings.
The bigger picture: Following this first Matchmaking edition of “Overseas Relations” jazzahead! and EEN will engage the participants in more of these “extra” sessions during the year to ensure a better follow-up and valuable connections even beyond the jazzahead! trade fair format..
So join us! We are looking forward to welcoming you to this first digital Matchmaking Session! Registration for the 2021 Matchmaking will open in late 2020. We'll keep you u-to-date on this page and also in our jazzahead! newsletter.
- During this “Speed Dating”, we bring together companies and other organizations looking for partners to advance their projects
- Participants will share their offers or requests and meetings will be scheduled in advance
- Bilateral meetings (Matchmaking) are a quick and easy way to meet new potential customers, service providers and cooperation partners
- Attendees meet and greet in 20-minute intervals
- Instead of arranging business meetings by chance, our B2B sessions guarantee fixed meetings
jazzahead! is the world’s largest meeting place for the international jazz scene. More than 3,400 professional participants from over 60 countries met in Bremen in 2019. If you want to know which companies have already registered for the upcoming digital edition, have a look at the current list of participants.
As a registered participant for jazzahead! 2021 you have the opportunity to view the contact details of the participants who have agreed to the publication of their data via the Participant Portal.
Jazz and Improvisation for Kids
In recent years, the symposium Improvisation and Jazz for Children has regularly been able to bring together experts from German-speaking countries and hundreds of children from various daycare centers and elementary schools in Bremen. However, the digital implementation of interactive children's concert formats is unfortunately not possible to the desired extent at this point of time. The symposium and children's concerts are cancelled for this year.
In order to still offer the possibility to deal with the topic of improvisation and jazz for children, there will be a multiplier-workshop with Masha Corman. It will ask about the possibility of working in a pedagogical way in daycare centers and elementary schools even in times of the COVID-19 pandemic. The workshop will deal with the conceptual level, but also give hints for practical implementation and offer space for exchange. The workshop will be held in English as part of the jazzahead! digital professional program. Here you can register to be part of it.
Conference program at jazzahead!Organizers and their concerns are one focus of our professional program: online marketing, streaming income and the development of a playbook for hybrid concerts and industry events during and after the Corona period will be part of the offerings.
We will also focus on the topic of music export: especially regional initiatives and festival associations have taken over national export roles in Southern Europe in recent years. Using Italy and Spain as examples, we will shed light on this topic
Our exhibitors will present their work during their own sessions in the jazzahead! program, among others these will be from national and regional scenes, e.g. from Latvia, Denmark, Catalonia and Canada, Cuba and others. The German Jazz Union will present results of a study on the impact of the Corona pandemic on the professional and personal lives of jazz musicians. The panel of the Initiative Musik will deal with a club study and the peculiarities of the German venue culture.
Jazz made in Germany
The German Jazz Expo also includes other program content related to the German jazz scene - e.g. certain panels on topics that are of interest, especially for the German participants, or the biennial prize for German Jazz Journalism.
jazzahead! is funded by the Federal Commissioner for Culture and the Media.
The German Market is the meeting point of the German scene - for club owners, musicians, festival makers and others. It is place to establish and encourage the general promotion of German jazz exports or individual concerns, such as the networking of federal and state activities.
More information:Nina Thomann; +49 (0)421 3505 529.
Especially for the members of the German Jazz Union (Deutsche Jazz Union) jazzahead! offers registrations at a special discount: 50€ plus VAT for a four-day registration for jazzahead! digital 2021.
Since 2012 jazzahead! award the "Prize for German jazz journalism". It is funded by Dr. E.A. Langner Foundation and endowed with 5,000 €. This prize is part of the German Jazz Expo and is intended to promote qualified reporting on jazz in the German media.
- 2012 – Hans-Jürgen Linke
- 2013 – Ralf Dombrowski
- 2015 – Wolf Kampmann
- 2017 – Martin Laurentius
- 2019 – Stefan Hentz
Eight of the 40 showcases on the jazzahead! are dedicated to bands from Germany. Find out more here.