29 April - 2 May 2021
Trade – Showcase – Festival: The largest international trade fair for jazz
jazzahead ! is the annual industry gathering of the international jazz scene in Bremen, Germany. In 2019, 3,408 participants from 64 countries were registered.
jazzahead! connects the international scene since 2006. The participants of jazzahead! come from all areas of the scene such as: artists and promoters, bookers, labels, agencies, publishers, festival and club programmers, distributors, lobby institutions, associations, press and more.
jazzahead! is a trade fair, conference and showcase festival - with contemporary, high-profile jazz from Germany and Europe, an annually changing partner country (2020: Canada) and from overseas.
Register now for jazzahead!
Via the links you can choose your participation for jazzahead! 2021.
Depending on the type of registration the selected link will lead you to the appropriate form. Further information regarding participating options, hall plans, terms and conditions and more is available here
As a registered participant you will have the following service:
- Access to jazzahead! 2021 and free entry to all showcase concerts and events in Hall 6 and Hall 7 and Kulturzentrum Schlachthof
- Regular discount on a ticket for jazzahead! CLUBNIGHT and GALA CONCERT at Die Glocke Bremen
- Personal badge & jazzahead! bag with information material (issued at the venue)
- Entry in the list of professional participants with all important personal data and a login to the online data base
- WIFI is included at jazzahead!
As an exhibitor you book a stand at the fair. jazzahead! offers stand options for different budgets and allows you to optimally present yourself. Find more info in our price list
With this type of registration you become co-exhibitor at an umbrella stand, e.g. a country or labels. An overview of shared booths can be found here.
As a co-exhibitor of an umbrella stand, you should first contact the organizer to receive a discount or a direct link.
INFO CLUBNIGHT artist
If you want register as a media representative, please mind our guidelines .
Options & Prices
To participate in jazzahead! choose one of the following options:
As a co-exhibitor, you are registered at a joint stand, e.g. a country or label. These are some of our umbrella stands:
German Market (stand number 6C22)
- for bookers and promoters for clubs and festivals from Germany, associations, musicians and bands as well as other parties from Gemany
- area is funded
- registration fee is 135€ + 19% VAT
Please contact Nina Thomann (+49 421 3505 529) to get the discount and further information
Umbrella Stand USA (6A23)
- for management and booking agencies, promoters for clubs and festivals, musicians and bands as well as other participants from the USA
- registration fee is 330€ + 19% VAT
- a second pass for a company member is only 135€ + 19% VAT
Umbrella Stand Showcasing Artists & International Promoters (6C20)
- for our 2020 showcasing artists, jury members and international guests of German Jazz Expo the registration is free
- for all other bookers the registration fee is 135€ + 19% VAT
- stand is organized by jazzahead!
Umbrella Stand Partner Country Canada (6C30)
- for Canadian program bookers, labels, festivals, musicians and organisations
- registration fee to jazzahead! for delegates at this stand is 135€ + 19%VAT.
Umbrella Stand Central Europe (6B23)
- for management and booking agencies, promoters for clubs and festivals, musicians and bands as well as other participants from Central Europe
- registration fee is 330€ + 19% VAT
- a second pass for a company member is only 135€ + 19%VAT
Umbrella Stand Southern Europe (number tbc)
- More infos soon
Umbrella Stand Young Professionals (stand number 6A20)
- Young Jazz Professionals is a unique program to network and develop young European jazz professionals working in the jazz sector. Young professionals can register at the stand for 80€+19%VAT!
Please contact Kine Lundervold to get the discount and further information
Other umbrella stands / country umbrella stands
Many regions and countries are already represented here. If you are considering participating as co-exhibitor, just contact us and we will be happy to forward it to the appropriate organization.
If you have further questions or need more details regarding the stand and/or jazzahead!, please contact
Maleni Piyasiri, +49(0)421 3505298.
As a professional participant, you can take part in the fair for 1 to 4 days without booking a stand.
Media representatives can sign up for press accreditation. More information and our accreditation guidelines can be found here.
Registration will be possible online from 1 September 2020 until 8 April 2021. After that registration is only possible on site.
Please note: A registration as a prfessional participant on site will be charged additionally with 20 € plus 19% VAT. Registration as an exhibitor or co-exhibitor is no longer possible on site.
|1 September 2020||Online registration starts|
|8 October 2020||Early Bird Rate for professional participants ends|
|7 January 2021||2nd rate for professional participants ends|
|23 March 2021||Deadline stand bookings / service booklet|
|8 April 2021||Online registration closes / registration now only on site and only for professional participant and media representatives|
- Thu 29 April 2021 10:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- Fri 30 April 2021 10:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- Sat 1 May 2021 10:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- Sun 2 May 2021 10:00 AM – Noon
- Thu 29 April 2021 · 07:30 PM – 00:40 AM
- Fri 30 April 2021 · 02:00 – 06:35 PM / 07:30 PM – 00:40 AM
- Sat 1 May 2021 · 02:00 – 06:35 PM / 07:05 PM – 01:40 AM
Hall Plans & Rooms
In case you wish to discuss larger stand bookings or room rentals beforehand, please contact Maleni Piyasiri .
jazzahead! has partnered with the Enterprise Europe Network Bremen to offer the jazzahead! Matchmaking service to all participants.
Registration for the 2021 Matchmaking will open in late 2020. We'll keep you u-to-date on this page and also in our jazzahead! newsletter.
- During this “Speed Dating”, we bring together companies and other organizations looking for partners to advance their projects
- Participants will share their offers or requests and meetings will be scheduled in advance
- Bilateral meetings (Matchmaking) are a quick and easy way to meet new potential customers, service providers and cooperation partners
- Attendees meet and greet in 20-minute intervals, then the bell rings and the next discussion begins
- Instead of arranging business meetings by chance, our B2B sessions guarantee fixed reserved tables for every meeting
jazzahead! is the world’s largest meeting place for the international jazz scene. More than 3,400 professional participants from over 60 countries meet here in Bremen once a year. If you want to know which companies have already registered for the upcoming edition, have a look at the current list of participants.
As a registered participant for jazzahead! 2020 you have the opportunity to view the contact details of the participants who have agreed to the publication of their data via the Participant Portal.
Jazz and Improvisation for Kids
The 4th symposium Improvisation and Jazz for Children will take place on Thursday, 29 April 2021 as part of the jazzahead! at Kulturzentrum Schlachthof. The symposium will be held in German.
It is aimed at jazz musicians, music mediators, music teachers and students. Part of the conference will again be two showcase concerts, especially designed for children in Kindergarten and primary school age.
Following the concerts, the concepts will be discussed in a Q & A session with the band members. The following part of the symposium will be divided into two parallel thematic priorities this year. On the one hand, a hands-on workshop is about core elements of improvisation and their transferability. The other more theoretical workshop will explore the question of how improvised music can be taken across genre-wide and as part of an educational policy offensive.
Conference program at jazzahead!: Focus on organisersIn 2021, we will focus on jazz organisers, clubs, festivals and other program makers. While 2019 was mainly about topics for artists, this time it will be about the other side. More details on the 2021 panel program and speakers will follow soon.
Jazz made in Germany
The German Jazz Expo also includes other program content related to the German jazz scene - e.g. certain panels on topics that are of interest, especially for the German participants, or the biennial prize for German Jazz Journalism.
jazzahead! is funded by the Federal Commissioner for Culture and the Media.
The German Market is the meeting point of the German scene - for club owners, musicians, festival makers and others. It is place to establish and encourage the general promotion of German jazz exports or individual concerns, such as the networking of federal and state activities.
There are two options for participating in the German Market: a simple registration as a co-exhibitor or participating in renting your own counter, prices starting at € 135 plus VAT. More information:Nina Thomann; +49 (0)421 3505 529.
Especially for the members of the German Jazz Union (Deutsche Jazz Union) jazzahead! offers registrations at a special discount: 80€ plus VAT for a four-day registration on the German Market. In addition, Deutsche Jazz Union participants with a one-day registration for the fair on Friday and Saturday can submit applications for a showcase at the German Jazz Expo.
Since 2012 jazzahead! award the "Prize for German jazz journalism". It is funded by Dr. E.A. Langner Foundation and endowed with 5,000 €. This prize is part of the German Jazz Expo and is intended to promote qualified reporting on jazz in the German media.
- 2012 – Hans-Jürgen Linke
- 2013 – Ralf Dombrowski
- 2015 – Wolf Kampmann
- 2017 – Martin Laurentius
- 2019 – Stefan Hentz
Eight of the 40 showcases on the jazzahead! are dedicated to bands from Germany. Find out more here.