jazzahead! 28 April - 1 May 2022
Trade – Showcase – Festival: The largest international trade fair for jazz
From April 28 to May 1, the jazz world will come together to network, exchange ideas, attend conferences and panels, and experience 40 showcase concerts in the official program during four days at jazzahead!
For the next edition we are planning an hybrid version, making it possible to attend in person on-site and with an "online-only" registration.
In 2021, we carried out a digital version due to the pandemic via a professional platform that made it possible for exhibitors and professional participants to network, despite the pandemic, in keeping with the motto "close together from afar"
We have compiled the contents in a "jazzahead! 2021 Compact" - you will find great content to relive jazzahead! digital 2021!
jazzahead ! is the annual industry gathering of the international jazz scene in Bremen, Germany. In 2019, 3,408 participants from 64 countries were registered.
jazzahead! connects the international scene since 2006. The participants of jazzahead! come from all areas of the scene such as: artists and promoters, bookers, labels, agencies, publishers, festival and club programmers, distributors, lobby institutions, associations, press and more.
jazzahead! is a trade fair, conference and showcase festival - with contemporary, high-profile jazz from Germany and Europe and from overseas.
jazzahead! 2022: Hybrid
Experience jazzahead! anywhere in the world - the hybrid format of jazzahead! 2022 makes it possible. For participants who cannot travel to Bremen as well as for those registered on site, our online platform offers the exclusive opportunity to connect and exchange with the jazz community worldwide - during and also after jazzahead! Also the jazzahead! professional program and the showcases can be followed live and later on the platform, offering opportunities for interaction.
All jazzahead! 2022 participants, whether registered for taking part on-site or online, will receive access to our platform.
jazzahead! 2022: Covid-19 regulations
COVID-19 and hygiene: Current information for jazzahead! 2022
Due to the changed, more "relaxed" pandemic situation, we have decided to implement jazzahead! 2022 in Bremen in compliance with 3G regulations after all (as of 12.04.2022).
This means that persons with full vaccination protection, convalescents or persons with a daily updated test can be admitted to the event (trade fair, showases, circus tent).
We kindly ask you to take this into account when registering and arriving.
Registration for jazzahead! 2022 on-site participation is now possible
The on-site registration on Thursday, 28 April will be activated from 9:00 am. It can be done via any mobile device (input option also available on site). Payment and issuance of the badge including the invoice will then take place on site at the Walk-Up Registration Counter in Hall 4.
Further information regarding participating options, hall plans, terms and conditions and more are available here.
Options & Prices
To participate in jazzahead! choose one of the following options:
After booking your stand, take the chance and be part of our professional program by adding your own session/panel. Includes: recording (not part of the official showcase program), on-site and online available, format in agreement with jazzahead!, speakers receive
a free registration.
For more information please contact Malena Drela.
As a co-exhibitor, you are registered at a joint stand, e.g. countries or regions. These are some of our umbrella stands:
German Market (stand number 5D20)
- for German musicians and their representatives, associations as well as other institutions from Gemany
- area is funded
- registration fee is 135€ + 19% VAT
Please contact Nina Thomann (+49 421 3505 529) to get the discount and further information
Umbrella Stand USA (Stand number 5A50)
- for delegates from the USA
- registration fee is 330€ + 19% VAT, this includes the stand construction and the support by a hostess
- additional passes for a company member are 135€ + 19% VAT
Umbrella Stand Showcasing Artists & International Promoters (5G40)
- registration free of charge for performing showcase artists, jury members and international guests of the German Jazz Expo.
- for all other international program maker the registration fee is 135€ + 19% VAT .
- The umbrella stand is part of the German Jazz Expo and is organized by jazzahead!
Umbrella Stand Partner Country Canada (Stand number 5B20)
- for Canadian delegates who are not booking via CIMA & CQM
- registration fee is 135€ + 19% VAT
Other umbrella stands / country umbrella stands
Many regions and countries are already represented here. If you are considering participating as co-exhibitor, just contact us and we will be happy to forward it to the appropriate organization.
If you have further questions or need more details regarding the stand and/or jazzahead!, please contact
Malena Drela, +49(0)421 3505 287.
As a professional participant, you can take part in the fair for one to all days without booking a stand.
As an Online-Only-participant you are granted access to the conference program and showcases online, are able to use the networking opportunities via participant portal and get an entry in the list of professional participants.
Media representatives can sign up for press accreditation. More information and our accreditation guidelines can be found here.
Registration will be possible online until 12 April 2022 for the on-site participation and 21 April 2022 for the online-only. After that registration is only possible on site as a professional participant and will be charged additionally with 20 € plus 19% VAT. Registration as an exhibitor or co-exhibitor is no longer possible on site.
Our trade fair brochure
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
As a participant of jazzahead! 2022 on-site you will receive the following benefits:
- Access to the trade fair, including all showcase concerts and events of the conference program in Hall 5, Hall 1, 2, 4 and Kulturzentrum Schlachthof and our new Circus Tent
- Networking tools via the participant portal
- Entry in the attendee directory with all important personal data as well as login to the jazzahead! participant portal
- Recordings of the conference program will be recorded in parts and give also on-site participants the opportunity to experience panels and sessions more intensively, even after the trade fair
- Regular discount when buying a ticket for the Gala Concert at the Glocke
- Personal badge & official jazzahead! bag with professional participant information and goodies (issued on site)
- Free wi-fi at the event
- Depending on the booked package further services of your chosen registration option
By registering as Online-Only participant, you will receive the following benefits:
- Online access to conference program and showcase concerts events
- Networking tools via the attendee portal
- Entry into the professional participant directory with all important personal data as well as login to the jazzahead! Participant Portal
Functionalities of the online platform:
- Matchmaking & Networking
• Live streaming of the jazzahead! showcase concerts and - in consideration of the time zone differences – on-demand videos of the performances with time-shft on the platform
- Conference Program
• both general event agenda and personal agenda for each participant
• In the panels continuous interaction between the participants and speakers via chat, surveys and Q&As is possible
• Virtual 1:1 or group meetings, either by making appointments/contact beforehand or instant video calls
• Networking of participants before, during and after the digital event (opening and closing dates tba)
• Contact and documents/file exchange among each other via chat, scheduled video calls or direct video calls is possible
• Panel and professional program will consist of closed and open sessions in jazzahead! official program and exhibitor’s events
Deadlines jazzahead! 2022
|September 16, 2021||Registration start for professional participants (all days) and (co-)exhibitors / start for showcase applications.|
|October 18, 2021||Deadline 1st early bird rate for professional participants (all days)|
|November 4, 2021||Deadline Showcase Applications.|
|November 8, 2021||NEW: Start for day and online-only registrations.|
|January 20, 2022||Deadline 2nd early bird rate for professional participants (all days)|
|January 25, 2022||public announcement of the 2022 showcase bands.|
|January 31, 2022||NEW: Booking Deadline Exhibitor Package PLUS|
|March 25, 2022||Exhibitor Booking Deadline|
|April 15, 2022||Online registration deadline for professional participants & Co-Exhibitors / on-site registration with surcharge still possible|
|April 21, 2022||Registration deadline for professional participants with online-only participation|
- Thu 28 April 2022 10:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- Fri 29 April 2022 10:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- Sat 30 April 2022 10:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- Sun 1 May 2022 10:00 AM - 12:00 jazzahead! Farewell Breakfast in the Circus Tent / Trade Fair is closed
- Thu 28 April 2022 · 6:30 – 11:15 PM
- Fri 29 April 2022 · 02:00 – 11:15 PM
- Sat 30 April 2022 · 02:00 – 06:15 PM / 07:00 – 11:45 PM
Hall Plans & Rooms
In case you wish to discuss larger stand bookings beforehand, please contact Malena Drela .
jazzahead! has partnered with the Enterprise Europe Network Bremen to offer the jazzahead! Matchmaking service to all participants.
This year we are presenting two special editions with targeted groups of participants, who will meet, find new business partner and make valuable new connections for their network.
29 April, 10 AM -12 noon: Artists X Bookers, Labels, Club and Festival Promoters
30 April, 11.30 AM-13.30 PM: Canada X Germany
- During this “Speed Dating”, we bring together companies and other organizations looking for partners to advance their projects
- Participants will share their offers or requests and meetings will be scheduled in advance
- Bilateral meetings (Matchmaking) are a quick and easy way to meet new potential customers, service providers and cooperation partners
- Attendees meet and greet in 20-minute intervals
- Instead of arranging business meetings by chance, our B2B sessions guarantee fixed meetings
jazzahead! is the world’s largest meeting place for the international jazz scene. More than 3,400 professional participants from over 60 countries met in Bremen in 2019. If you want to know which companies have already registered for the upcoming digital edition, have a look at the current list of participants.
As a registered participant for jazzahead! 2022 you have the opportunity to view the contact details of the participants who have agreed to the publication of their data via the Participant Portal.
Conference program at jazzahead!
The conference part of jazzahead! 2022 will consist of the professional program curated by jazzahead! and the sessions of our exhibitors with Plus Package. Future-oriented topics and current discussions, especially for organizers and musicians, will again be the main focus. In addition, the topic of sustainable business solutions will play a central role in a market that has changed significantly, not least due to Corona.
Professional Program 2022
The professional program will be updated regularly, explore the events here:
Organize Your own PanelThe Exhibitor-Plus Package, which was successfully introduced this year, will again be on offer. After booking your stand, you can get in touch with us to book this option and get the opportunity to be part of the professional program of jazzahead! The conference program will be recorded in parts so that all online registrants can also participate in the program. For those registered on site, this will give them the opportunity to experience panels and sessions more intensively, even beyond the events of the trade fair. The Exhibitor Plus Package is limited and can only be booked until January 31, 2022. For further information please contact Malena Drela.
You can find more info on the package here.
Jazz made in Germany
The German Jazz Expo also includes other program content related to the German jazz scene - e.g. certain panels on topics that are of interest, especially for the German participants, or the biennial prize for German Jazz Journalism.
jazzahead! is funded by the Federal Commissioner for Culture and the Media.
The German Market is the meeting point of the German scene - for club owners, musicians, festival makers and others. It is place to establish and encourage the general promotion of German jazz exports or individual concerns, such as the networking of federal and state activities.
More information:Nina Thomann; +49 (0)421 3505 529.
Especially for the members of the German Jazz Union (Deutsche Jazz Union) jazzahead! offers registrations at a special discount: 80€ plus VAT for a four-day registration for jazzahead! 2022. In addition, Deutsche Jazz Union participants with a one-day registration for the fair on Friday and Saturday can submit applications for a showcase at the German Jazz Expo.
Since 2012 jazzahead! award the "Prize for German jazz journalism". It is funded by Dr. E.A. Langner Foundation and endowed with 5,000 €. This prize is part of the German Jazz Expo and is intended to promote qualified reporting on jazz in the German media.
- 2012 – Hans-Jürgen Linke
- 2013 – Ralf Dombrowski
- 2015 – Wolf Kampmann
- 2017 – Martin Laurentius
- 2019 – Stefan Hentz
Eight of the 40 showcases on the jazzahead! are dedicated to bands from Germany. Find out more here.
Invitation program for international organizers
As part of the German Jazz Expo, the export platform for Jazz made in Germany at jazzahead!, we are again inviting international organizers and program makers to Bremen in 2022. Participants from this sector of the industry receive preferential conditions for participation and, depending on their origin, also a travel allowance. If you are particularly interested in the German jazz scene or would like to recommend someone, who should be part of this program, please write us an email to Nina Thomann.